National Integrated Health Associates has been a mercury-free dental practice in the Washington, D.C. area for over twenty years. Our dentists recognized early the potential conflict with placing one of the most toxic substances on earth (mercury) into the mouths of humans. Mercury free means we do not use mercury for fillings or for replacement of old fillings, but do use non-toxic and BPA free dental materials and treatments that are safe and effective, and compatible with the body.
Now, the public is taking notice of the dangers of mercury amalgams (mercury fillings) as a health issue and an environmental pollutant. Mercury is a neurotoxin and silver fillings can contain about 50% mercury. Mercury can be released into the body by common actions such as and tooth brushing, chewing, drinking hot liquids, and unsafe mercury removal.
Did you know?
- That within our dental team, Dr. Weiner has practiced mercury free dentistry since 1974, Dr. McClure since 1979, and Dr. Janbakhsh since 1995?
- When mercury fillings are present, every time you eat, chew, drink hot liquids or grind teeth, mercury vapors may be released in your mouth and toxic elemental mercury is absorbed into the linings of the lungs, bowel, lymph and blood vessels. From there, the mercury migrates to the rest of the body, and mercury toxicity may relate to chronic disease and/or degenerative disease such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, brain degeneration (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, dementia), chronic infections (Lyme, parasites, mold/Candida), reproductive issues, and thyroid disorders.
- A mercury toxic bowel creates an inflamed bowel, which reduces the liver's capacity to clean the blood. The result is the accumulation of toxic chemicals, metals, and breakdown products of metabolism and chronic infections (Lyme, mold, parasites). This is called toxin retention, where the tissues and cells accumulate all types of toxins.
- Toxic retention is present in most chronic health conditions, as it is an overgrowth of the bad toxic stuff throughout the body.
- The reason to be mercury free (or remove your mercury amalgams/silver fillings) is to get the mercury out of your brain and body.
- A universal integrative medical strategy is: “One simply cannot get better without good detoxification. It is foundational to all other therapies.” Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
- We practice safe mercury removal protocols to protect the patient, the dentist and the environment from additional mercury exposure.
- The Biological Dental Group at NIHA is the most comprehensive group of biological dentists (also called holistic dentists) and specialty services of Biological Dentistry, health coaches and vast information about safe mercury removal, the medical detoxification follow-up, and functional assessments to help determine other root causes of your health issues.
If you or your loved ones are concerned about oral health, have chronic health issues, or you would like to take your health future into your own hands – then we invite you to set up a holistic dental appointment and learn how your mouth can be a source of your health solution and not the cause of your problem.
Mark McClure, DDS is a holistic and biological dentist at National Integrated Health Associates, NIHA, a leading integrative medical and dental center serving Washington, D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia. Biological dentistry considers the impact of oral health and dentistry on the whole body and use biocompatible dental materials and dental techniques to promote healing and wellness. Dr. McClure has practiced mercury free and mercury safe dentistry for over 25 years, protecting you, himself and the environment in the process.