Colonic therapy goes by many names, such as: colon hydrotherapy, colonics, colon cleansing, colon indignation, high enemas, and colon therapy.
Disease begins in the Gut
A toxic bowel is the source of many health problems. Colonics rejuvenate every cell of the body. Colonic sessions hydrate and cleanse the colon, exercise the colon muscles, and stimulate reflex points. In addition, colonic therapy helps cleanse the blood, release toxins, build up the immune system, and rehydrate the whole body.
Why do people receive colon hydrotherapy?
- Many receive the treatments as a preventative measure or a lifestyle change.
- Other groups have symptoms of intestinal distress, constipation, indigestion, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, gas, bloating, IBS, colitis, diverticulitis, parasites, skin conditions, such as, shingles and eczema, inability to lose weight, and scar tissue from surgery.
- Others receive colonics to relieve their pain from headaches, migraines, lower back and shoulder pain, aching joins, and gout.
- Colon hydrotherapy sessions are also medically used for stool samples, pre/post surgery, geriatric and barium x-rays.
- Many people come for colonics while they have been fasting or on a cleansing program, a liver or gallbladder flush, or recovering from an accident.
- Others might have emotional issues which they feel are related to their backed up intestines.
What are the symptoms of constipation?
Several signs of a toxic colon are:
- Abnormal body odor
- Bad breath
- Sallow complexion
- Coated tongue
- Cold hands and feet
- Circles under the eyes
- Sagging posture (pot belly)
- Lower backaches
What will colonics do for the colon?
- Cleanse the colon: toxins build up over the years as they are broken down and released in a series of sessions. The toxins can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination.
- Exercise the colon muscles: a toxin build-up weakens the colon and impairs its function. The process of filling the colon with purified water and then releasing it, only strengthens and tones the colon like a workout, for example.
- Stimulates reflex points: the colon is connected to every system and organ in the body by reflex points. Colonics stimulate each and every reflex point in the body, which affect the corresponding body parts in a very beneficial way. This creates a sense of well-being throughout the body.
- Hydrates the body: each day the colon recycles over 70% of important body fluids, including, enzymes, hormones, electrolytes, and more through the process of absorption.
What is the Libbe System?
At NIHA we have two open gravity fed Libbe Systems for our patients and clients. It is FDA approved and is considered the top of the line colon hydrotherapy system.
How does the Libbe System work for Colon Hydrotherapy?
- The patient/client undresses from the waist down and is properly draped during the entire session.
- Each patient then receives a prepackaged, small rectal nozzle (the size of a pencil), and inserts him/herself. After serving its purpose the rectal nozzle is then disposed of.
- Once the water flow is turned on, there is no need to interrupt the cleanse.
- A person's colon will gently take in as much water as it can tolerate. When one feels the need to evacuate, one simply releases. Due to the continuous inflow and release during the session, the body’s own muscles are used to provide a more natural, gentle release. At the same time, the peristalsis (action of the colon muscles) are greatly stimulated, which provide an excellent workout for the colon.
If you want to feel better or experience the detoxifying effects of colon hydrotherapy, please call us at 202-237-7000 and we will be happy to assist you.