Brooke Mader CHC
I wanted to share with you this fun, delicious, raw cookie/trail mix ball recipe I made yesterday!
I hope you enjoy them. They make a great snack or healthy school lunch treat.
Despite the lengthy dry ingredient list, they are a breeze to throw together. Plus, how hard is it to throw seeds into a bowl?
Raw, Chewy Trail Mix Recipe
10 pitted dates
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin (pepita seeds)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
2 tbsp shredded coconut
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of cinnamon
If you are feeling fancy, add some cacao nibs!
- Place pitted dates and almonds in a food processor (or blender, vitamix works great for this) until the mixture is ground up. You can cleave a few larger pieces if you prefer.
- Remove the mixture/paste from the processor and place into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Form into mini cookies or balls (this makes about 10 mini cookies)
- Eat right away or put in the fridge or freezer for quick snacks.
Brooke Mader CHHC, is a certified holistic health coach. She graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and is currently pursuing a master's degree in Nutrition at Maryland University of Integrative Health. Working at NIHA, Brooke is learning first-hand a solid biochemical understanding of the complex role of food and nutrition in human health, combined with a holistic and integrative perspective. She loves to share holistic health tips and integrative medicine news from around the country via the NIHA facebook page. Follow us!