A strong immune system is more resistant to germs.
Here are some tips for boosting immunity and proper hygiene to ward off flu and colds:
1. Frequent HAND WASHING with hot, soapy water. It is the single most important thing you can do to prevent the spread of virus.
2. Cough or sneeze into a tissue and immediately throw the tissue away, or use the the "crook" of your arm to cover your mouth.
3. Cut down on sugar. It suppresses the immune system.
4. Aim for an alkaline condition in the gut. Eat fresh vegetables and fruits, sprouts, nuts and seeds, quinoa. Sugar, starches, coffee, sodas and meat contribute to an acidic environment and bacteria and viruses can grow quickly.
5. Drink plenty of fluids. Warm teas and pure water help flush out your system. Start your day with a glass of water with the juice of a lemon or a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to help alkalize your system.
6. Include fresh garlic into your diet on a daily basis.
It is antiviral, antibacterial, anti-parasitical and anti-fungal.
7. Optimize the intestinal tract by taking a daily probiotic.
80% of the immune system is in the gut.
8. Get plenty of sleep to strengthen adrenal glands and manage stress.
9. Relax on the weekends to recharge the nervous system.
10. Optimize Vitamin D levels. Have yours checked by your doctor and supplement as needed.
11. Exercise and fresh air help to increase circulation and blood flow. The components of the immune system will be better circulated and it can act upon pathogens.
12. See list of Recommended Products for Prevention. For acute infection the doses change and additional supplements may be recommended. See one of our medical professionals.
Medically Supervised Flu Protocols are available for those with an established relationship with a NIHA practitioner.
Consider establishing a relationship with our practitioners for a routine physical and Vitamin D level evaluation. With our medically supervised health protocols, that may include powerful oral and vitamin/mineral IV protocols, they will assist you in regaining your health effectively and swiftly. The sooner you get on the program the better.