Bob Johnson DMD
With the holidays approaching our list of “things to do” gets longer and longer. But at the same time, the lines at the stores are longer. The traffic is heavier. We spend more money than usual. And then we have our expectations- of ourselves, family, relationships, how this year will be…and you have the perfect storm for stress.
There are many techniques for managing stress and research into different ways to deal with stress would help your health dramatically. And not just during the holidays, but every day.
Make a List of Stressors
I feel one of the most important stress busting techniques is to list areas of your life which stress you and assess why they stress you. I have found that most areas of stress that adversely affected me were not worth being stressed about. For example, worrying less of what others thought about me. I also developed the ability to tackle projects quickly as procrastination resulted in heightening stress for me.
Some other areas of your life which may stress you include:
- Negative relationships
- Taking on more responsibility that you can handle
- Poor eating habits
- Too much sugar and caffeine consumption
- Too little essential oil (fatty acids) consumption
- Poor sleep
- Financial concerns
- Toxicity in your environment
- Nutrient and hormonal imbalance
Develop These Stress Reducing Techniques to Dramatically Help Your Health
- Learn Emotional Freedom Technique (google technique)
- Read “Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff”
- Learn to let small issues go away
- Getting rid of negative emotions
- Physical Activity
- Bring Love and Passion into your life
- Detoxify and cleanup your diet
- Deep breathing
Reducing stress in your life is critical to better health and a more enjoyable life.
Enjoy the journey.
Dr. Bob Johnson D.M.D., F.A.G.D., is a biological dentist at National Integrated Health Associates and has extensive experience in all aspects of biological dentistry, mercury amalgam removal, ceramic implants and orthodontics.