Mercury Amalgam Fillings
Recently the Dr. Oz show featured Dr. Joseph Mercola D.O., discussing the dangers of "silver" mercury amalgam fillings, which contain 50% mercury:
The biological dentists at NIHA have been aware of the possible dangers of mercury amalgams, or fillings, for over 30 years and have not used these toxic materials in our "mercury free, mercury safe" practice since then. Biological dentists respect that the mouth is an integral part of the entire body, and use biocompatible dental materials so that dental treatments impact the rest of the body as little as possible.
Did you know that the smallest amount of mercury is toxic, and can accumulate in bodily tissues and may contribute to a wide range of issues? Whenever one chews, drinks, breathes and swallows with mercury fillings, a small amount of mercury vapor is released, as illustrated in this video by IAOMT, the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology.
and Dr. Tom McGuire, Mercury, the Poison in your Teeth
If you are concerned about mercury fillings in your mouth please see a medical doctor trained to assess mercury levels in the body and detoxification protocols.
Being mercury free is only part of the issue.
Removing the mercury filling safely is the most important part.
Safe Removal of Mercury Fillings
NIHA protocols for the Safe Removal of Mercury Fillings have been in place for over 18 years and surpass the patient protection standards developed by other biological dental organizations. Patients from all over the United States have sought out our standard for Safe Mercury Removal services.
Recognize that the dental removal of mercury from your mouth is only the first step to removing mercury. As mercury may be absorbed elsewhere in the body, Heavy metal and toxic chemical detoxification can begin only when the sources of toxicity are first removed from your mouth and environment.
As biological dentists concerned for your overall health, we are pleased to see this important health issue getting more news coverage.