Nowadays it seems everyone has a “sweet tooth” but for some the desire to consume sugar is anything but an innocent or occasional craving. For some, the need for sugar morphs into an unwavering compulsion and could be considered an actually biological addiction. Before you continue to read any further, check and see if this sounds like you:
• Have tried over and over again to cut out sugar from your diet, or at least decrease it, and no matter how hard you have tried, you end up giving in to your cravings and wind up feeling like you are a failure?
• Does it ever feel like there’s absolutely NOTHING you can do to overcome the cravings and you know you’ll ‘give in’ no matter how much you’ve told yourself you wouldn’t?
• Would it feel like a million-ton weight was lifted from your shoulders if you learned it’s not your fault that your craving sugar and it’s not a lack of willpower that’s driving you to eat anything sugary you can get your hands on?
In cases like these, it’s important to understand that a biological addiction to sugar CAN exist. More importantly, recognizing that your inability to refrain from eating it is likely not your fault. If you’ve been simply trying to employ good old-fashioned “willpower” to overcome your addiction, please know that this strategy simply will not work in almost all cases. The biological needs of your body will ‘win-out’ over willpower each time.
C.E. Gant, MD of National Integrated Health Associates in Washington, DC best describes the issue of will power verses biological needs with the following exercise he has his patients perform. “Everyone’s body requires oxygen to live, correct?”, Dr. Gant playfully asks. “Well, what I would like you to do is take a deep breath and hold it. Now, I want you to use all of your willpower to tell your body that you no longer require oxygen and that you don’t need to take another breath.” With a big smile he continues, “You simply won’t be able to do it! Your biological need for oxygen will always ‘win-out’ over your willpower. In other words, all the willpower in the world can not overrule the biological requirements of your body.”
In the case of sugar addiction, or addiction to other foods, medications or even illegal substances, it’s possible that a biological dependency on the sugar to carry out normal functions in the body may have developed. In such cases, it’s imperative to get to the root cause of the addiction and to learn how the body is using the sugar to cope. Once this is discovered, strategies can be employed to give your body what it needs, which in turn allows for the elimination of dependency on sugar.
When investigating the root causes of sugar addiction, you can view the process just as you might view the process of peeling back the layers of an onion. Getting to the root cause of sugar addiction can be multi-step process. One exciting part of this process however, is that with each layer you uncover, an opportunity for healing exists. As the healing journey to sugar addiction unfolds, greater and greater levels of vitality can be birthed.
Ready to peel back the layers and finally discover why your body seems to be screaming for sugar? Join me, Eve Colantoni, CHC of NIHA and Weight Loss For Tired People.com, and Theresa Messinese, CHC as we guide you through the process of uncovering the culprits behind your sugar cravings.
In this special teleclass you'll get all the information you need to stop your uncontrollable sugar cravings once and for all. You will understand what is behind these cravings and how to change your body so that you can walk right past a cupcake counter and feel good about not needing to stop.
SUGAR ADDICTION TELECLASS:
How To FINALLY Break The Cycle
Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM (EST)
Here's what we'll cover in this teleclass:
• You'll receive a multi-part 'checklist' that allows you to determine what may be at the root cause of your sugar addiction.
• Once you've determined your possible causes, you'll learn what steps you needto take to correct the imbalance.
• You'll discover one MAJOR mindset shift that allows you completely eliminate any STRESS you may be feeling about your sugar addiction and gracefully move into the healing process so you can break free of the cycle easily.
• Eve's 'Magic Pill' that can CRUSH sugar cravings in minutes (SECRET: This works so well many of my clients keep this in their purses to kick a sugar craving FAST!)
• Eve's "Let Them Eat Cake" Sugar-free, Grain-free, Artificial Sweetener-free, Soy-free, Dairy-free, Gluten-free 'Out-Of-This-World' Cupcake Recipe!!
These steps are our secret weapons against "Sugar Addiction" - and the reason we've helped countless of patients at NIHA to break free from their sugar cravings. And now YOU will be able to FINALLY end your addiction and discover our simple steps for taming the cravings and giving your body what it needs to 'dump the sugar habit'.
Because the time to break free is NOW.
You'll be able to take this information and finally understand what your body is trying to tell you about what it needs and how you can fulfill it WITHOUT the sugar. When this happens, something magical occurs.
When you're not weighed down by this damaging substance you'll watch your energy levels skyrocket, your moods shift into the happy person you know you're supposed to be, your body shift into the slim, sexy, confident person you're meant to be! In short, overcoming sugar addiction can have a powerful effect on your entire life!
Don't miss out on this exciting FREE training call.